Sunday, February 7, 2010

art project

Kill To Be Cool
By Brittani Carey
I want to be cool so I skip school, hang out all day like the true G’s do.
Don’t want to be broke so now I’m selling key-lows to the people using dope,
I don’t even know what this is,
I just know this white powder in my pocket , have my stacks of money multiplying.
It feels so good but I’m still not too sure of what it is,
But I know I this powder in my pocket have niggas mother’s dyeing.
I know this is wrong but I want to smooth I guess I’m a murder cause I’ll
Kill to be cool

I sag my jeans like the rappers in the videos,
That my first step to being cool.
I rock a do-rag with my fitted turned to the back, so the girls can know that I found my swag.
I go to parties more then I attend school , I won’t be walking across that stage when my friends
do , not me I won’t graduate school.
I’m too busy In the hood , I’m the type of guy white teachers talk about ,
I’m the stereotype of all black guys, they say I will;
Kill to be cool

If I can change I wouldn’t ,
I want to make my moms proud but I don’t want to be a geek , that shit can’t go down
So instead I make her cry , every night she’s on her knees asking god “why” ?
I’m a product of ever thing around me , knowing that sooner than later I’ll be dead or in jail and
that will make my mother’s heart fill and once again I’m a murder who
Kills to be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment