Monday, February 8, 2010

art project follow up questions

I made my  art  project, from the view  of  a  black  boy who is  trying  his  best  to  fit  in and be  looked  at  as  cool.  What  i  wanted  to  show  is  most  people  that turns  to  skipping  school and selling  drugs  know  that what  they  are  doing  isn't right, but  they  are  more  worried  about  saving  face and  want  people to  look  at them  ass cool.  I feel those  are  people  who  will  " kill  to be cool". I wanted  to  show  what  they  will  say  if they  could  be  truthful  with  them self  as well  as  others . I wanted people  the  realize that  people  know  what  they are  doing  even though  they  won't  say  it, because  they  don't  want  to  be  seem  as they  bad  guy.

At first  I wanted  to make a  video  and  I had  a real  good idea  for  my  video.  It  just  so  happened  that  it  did not  work out  because  i  do not  know  how  to  edit a video. So I spent  a  lot  of  time  thinking  of  something  that can  be  just  as great  and also  have  a  lot  of meaning. I thought  about  doing  a  poem,  but i  wanted  to  do  a  poem  that had  a lot  of  meaning.  so I seat  at  home  and  thought about.  At  first nothing  was coming  to  me  but when  i  started to  do  something  else  and  stop  thing  so  hard  about  it  the first  few  lines  came  to  me , but  when  I want  to  put  it  on paper it  didn't  sound  as  good  has  it  did  in my  head,  but  the line  i  felt  really  good  about  was  "kill  to  be  cool".  I stayed  with  that  line  and  the  rest  of the poem  just  kind  of  worked its self out.

Making  art  does seem  cool  to me, because  i  enjoyed  doing it . I know  cool is   something  hard to  define but  to  me  cool  is want  makes  me  happy  or  what  i  enjoy doing.  Art  is  something  i enjoy  because  it allows  me  to  express  myself  using  more  then  just  words .
   

No comments:

Post a Comment